Monday, 9 February 2015

The return of the Cheese Fiend

Despite what people think, there is absolutely nothing that I have missed out on by becoming Vegan!
As mentioned in my post 'The Cheese Fiend', I was such a lover of cheese and wondered how I would deal with not having cheese! But, there are so many non dairy cheese options out there that this will NEVER be a problem!

The first Vegan cheeses that I fell in love with were by Vegusto! They make gorjus cheeses, and I make sure that I always have some in my fridge! This week we have tried a new one, the Sheese products by Bute Island Foods. They have a large range of Sheese, but their website shows that they also have a Vegandeli! This is something I am going to have to try out too!!

I have been enjoying toasted bagels with garlic and herb creamy Sheese! Gorjus is the best word I can use! Reminds me of my old pre-vegan favourite, Boursin!

The Blue Sheese is absolutely amazing! It slices and grates amazingly. The texture is so like the Dairy cheese I am used to. I really have loved having this on sandwiches and crackers. It is very like Blue cheese but not so much that my husband (who hated blue cheese) didn't enjoy it. I really have found myself fancying a wee chunk here and there to nibble on!

Last night we made our homemade Vegan pizza and we tried out the Mozarella Sheese. We spread the sauce onto the base and then grated the cheese onto that. Then put our red onions, mushrooms and peppers on and spread out circles of the Vegusto No-Moo Melty and slices of the Mozarella Sheese. Having both was brilliant. When it was time to remove the pizzas from the oven, the kitchen had an amazing smell of cheese. Heaven!!! Both cheeses were just delicious in their melted form. I am so happy that these companies exist and have restored cheese in my life!

What cheese alternatives do you like? Any to avoid?  Would love to hear what others think.


No comments:

Post a Comment