Where do people get their grit and determination from? This is something that I swear that I used to have but bit by bit it has crumbled away. I would love to know where I left it but I will need to come back to that!
Anyway, I have people questioning me all the time. Why don't you try this? do that? Surely cost doesn't come into it? Wouldn't you do anything to feel better?
Well in theory it is very easy to ask and expect nothing but 'of course' as an answer. I mean who wants to say that they don't want to get better? However living it is very different! Well it is for me at least!
I seem to be living some sort of Groundhog Day style life. I should be very grateful to have life at all, and I am. However, living in extreme pain on a daily basis, and being permanently exhausted makes it very hard to be on the sunny side of things frequently.
I feel like I have been living in this hole for such a long time that I don't really know anything else. I understand that I used to have energy. I played Percussion in Wind Bands and Orchestras, worked an active job as a Lifeguard and swimming teacher and also had a second job working in a shop. Both those jobs involved me being on my feet all day. I did that, went out partying, saw friends, had hobbies and still remained upright!
Nowadays, I have to psych myself up to get off the sofa to go to the toilet, never mind considering leaving the house or anything more exciting!
The thing I feel I should try to tackle first is my diet. I have been a Vegan since 1 May 2015, but my diet isn't great. I eat rubbish, drink soft drinks, eat sweets etc. Don't get me wrong, I still have the healthy things too, fruit and veg, pulses, whole grains etc. However, the balance is out of whack!
In order to try and build my energy levels I need to eat properly so I feel like I need to eat mostly Whole Foods. Other things I need to do are exercise and lose weight, however I need to get the foundation in place, and I think that if I have the best fuel, then I have a better chance of getting some natural energy back, and then perhaps have some chance at building my resolve and abilities to tackle the bigger problem.
So, does anybody have any help or advice to offer me? I need to come up with the best plan of action to make the changeover. I do feel I am in need of a visit with my Whole Foods Guru as she is always bursting with energy and advice!
Because I feel terrible most of the time, I find it very difficult to cook. It really takes a lot of energy out of me when I do cook, and I suffer for days. Even standing for any length of time is painful and problematic. So, I know I have to change the diet and cook more, but any hints, tips or life hacks would be hugely appreciated.
I really do want to have my life back and I have to start somewhere.
Anybody else in the same situation?
Anybody else want to try this too?
Anyone want to tell me their experiences of already doing this?
I really look forward to some comments and hope we can help each other!
Thank you
No comments:
Post a Comment