Thursday, 1 January 2015

The 1st of 2015

Many people get swept up in the pressure that New Year brings. Trying to make sure that the perfect Hogmanay celebration is had, and the list of resolutions that will make your year wonderful. I used to be one of them. I always seemed to be under so much pressure for that last day of the year. What to wear, where to go, paying entry fees to pubs that are normally free, higher than usual taxi fares. The whole thing was always a giant pain in the backside, AND it was always a big fat let down! What a way to bring in the new year eh?

I am not sure when this all changed for me, I think it may have been in my early twenties when I had moved away from home, connections with friends were slowly weakening, alongside my desire to go out partying, and then one day I just didn’t care. 

A big part of this for me now is the fact I am so overweight. I have lost all my confidence and dread the thought of seeing a single soul that I know! But aside from that, I am unwell and in so much pain that my perfect night in is with my medication, my heated blanket, working on a wee crochet project and watching my soaps! I feel like I somehow skipped from mid twenties to being a wee old lady!

So my Hogmanay this time went along the following lines - Watched movies with Mr B all day, at around 23:30 we remembered it was the 31st and decided we better have a quick think about things. So we decided we wouldn’t set ourselves up to fail with resolutions that would last until midday on the 1st, but instead we would talk about where we’d like to be by the end of the year and pick 3 particular things we would like to be working on. The number 1 on my list is to lose weight. I need to lose a lot of weight. Not only for my health but my confidence. So I am putting this out there so there’s no hiding from it!

I won’t put a target or deadline but simply that I will make better choices, and aim to be in a better position in 365 days! Does anyone want to join me in pledging or simply attempting anything? No pressure just support! I leave it up to you. I’d love to know if you have taken a different approach than normal or whether you just don’t bother. Whatever it is, I would love to see what others are doing.

Happy New Year to all, here’s hoping we all have a wonderful year!

No comments:

Post a Comment