When we decided to become Vegan in May, we had a wee chat about what challenges we thought may be coming for us! I was quite surprised about how few there were. Aside from my prior mention of being slightly into cheese, or was it a ‘Cheese Fiend’ that I called myself??? Well apart from that, the only other thing that stood out was Christmas Dinner (& Sunday roasts).
This wasn’t something that was possibly going to prevent us becoming Vegan, just something that we thought would be a glaringly obvious change on the big day! (I am pretty sure that one of us had a thought bubble which had a plate with brussell sprouts & roast potatoes and then scratching our head looking at the big turkey the others were eating)
Anyway, a few weeks on and I was desperate for a roast dinner so I got my normal roast veg together and looked into options for meat alternative. Frustratingly, the Quorn Roast is not suitable for Vegans, grrr, actually it appears that none of their stuff is! I am pretty disappointed in this as even before going Vegan, I really didn’t like much meat and heavily relied on Quorn Mince and chicken pieces in my meals!
Turns out there are plenty of meat alternatives out there so we were going to be fine! After a search online I discovered that the Whole Foods Market stocked Tofurky! Now I have only ever heard of this on shows like Friends but was very excited to think we could actually try it! So we got the Tofurky Feast to cook on Christmas Day.
![]() |
| Our first Vegan Christmas Dinner |
I also roasted veg a different way as I was nervous it all might not work out :-) Well the whole thing was absolutely gorjus. The baste had made the veg all caramelised and delish, and the Tofurky itself was just amazing!!! We were in absolute heaven! This is definitely something we will be having again! So 1st Vegan Christmas was a complete delicious success!
I would love to hear what others did for Christmas dinner. Anybody else do the Tofurky Roast? I look forward hearing from you!

No comments:
Post a Comment