Thursday, 6 November 2014

The broken body

Health Issues Body Failure


So these are some of the things I am currently dealing with. I am fully aware that there are many people far worse off than me and I really feel for them. 


Fibromyalgia - a condition bringing me widespread, chronic pain, insomnia, no quality sleep, and lots of other lovely issues.  I am in absolute agony every single day. I can’t always get out of bed unaided. I can’t walk far at the moment. Almost every time I move, I crack and create a modern piece of percussion music. It is VERY loud! I am a former percussionist so I guess this is appropriate :-)
The pain, stiffness and swelling all over my body is no fun at all. I hate this illness. Every patient is different, no treatment works for me so far. I am on a potent cocktail of medication that should have me not only pain free, but away with the fairies riding unicorns and dancing with santa claus! No such luck. I am slightly less painful and a touch more exhausted but certainly nowhere near the level of pain control that should be achieved in this day and age. 

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/M.E - Pretty much all in the name - I am exhausted all the time! But don’t worry the sleep issues as stated above really love to play with me so i sleep lots but still exhausted!

Misophonia - this condition basically causes me physical and emotional pain when I hear certain sounds. For me there are many things that trigger the fight or flight response that has caused me no end of issues in my life. These are things like people breathing loud, sniffing, sneezing, eating, snoring…..I could write an entire book simply listing my triggers. 

Unexplained Infertility - This one has been slowly destroying my soul for many years. All of my health issues have kindly got together, discussed how to most fuck with me and they agreed that they could all work together and help prevent me living my one real lifelong dream - being a mummy! I must say I am a very happy cat mummy to Oscar and Harvey, but the yearning for a wee baby for Mr & Mrs B is crushing!

Depression - Well I don’t think this one will surprise you!! 

Chronic Increased BMI - Well I am a fat girl. I am struggling with decreased mobility, multiple medications which increase appetite and weight, total lack of motivation to do anything, severe pain even when sitting still, not eating right (sometimes because I just cannot move or if i make it to the kitchen I will go for the easiest thing. Other times it is because I simply want to eat whatever I like just to make me feel nice)

There are many more details to my health issues but thats just a brief-ish idea. (memory issues are also a thing with me so I prob forgot loads!)

No comments:

Post a Comment