Monday, 10 November 2014

The messy house

How do you all do it? I am talking about keeping a clean, tidy and clutter free house?

I just cannot get into a good routine at all. I do try but pain, exhaustion or simple laziness just get in the way! I very much want to have a permanent show house but it just isn’t possible.

We have the house we live in and then the one we let people see - the fake house! The fake house involves blind panic, sweeping contents of surfaces into bags for life and barricading the door to the room it landed in!! Unfortunately it is always the same room and I never seem to be able to conquer Mount Crap. (we are still to arrange the official measuring ceremony but strongly believe it to be the largest Crap Mountain in Scotland!)

I am not quite at the stage of appearing on an episode of Hoarders, but I do seriously struggle with getting rid of things. Almost everything I own has an emotional attachment. This is a big problem when you have far too much stuff. I know that one day the stuff will be gone, but for now I can’t even keep on top of the standard cleaning required in a home, never mind the additional stuff. 

So, I am hitting the search engines for tips and help with making cleaning as simple and stress free as possible. I am currently running down the supply of chemical cleaning products in the house with the aim of switching to natural products. So any tips that help with that too are perfect!
I am hugely tempted to get one of those robot hoovers so I can at least have clean looking floors. (extra fluffy cats lead to extra fluffy floors!)

What I have found and loved is a site called Clean My Space. This has loads of videos on how to clean absolutely everything. Hopefully I will eventually have a spotless home, and keep it that way. Have a look at the site as it is absolutely brilliant!!

I am looking for any help I can get to try and be better at this! Any helpful suggestions will be gratefully accepted!!


No comments:

Post a Comment