As I sit on my couch, in pain, tired and feeling a bit low, I return to the comfort of my TV. I am in a constant battle with my Tivo box! It has so much to offer me but I am struggling to keep up!! The really serious issues of life will be discussed here ha ha!
Anyway, I am wondering if all chronically ill people finally get sucked into the depths of daytime telly, the abundance of reality shows like the Real Housewives (love it, sorry), the soaps, the cheesy daytime movies etc? I won’t lie, illness didn’t bring this on, I have always been a bit of a telly addict but I certainly have excelled myself in the last few years!
We were Sky people for many years and just couldn’t imagine how people dealt with not having the ability to record their shows, or pause live TV. I know actual people who will go to the toilet during coronation street without waiting for the ad break, simply due to no live pause function!!! Who would have thought that kind of thing still goes on in this day and age :-)
Due to the storms at the end of 2013, our Sky dish was blown out of position. This happened previously and the lovely engineers came to visit, popped up to the roof of our wee block of flats and restored the TV functionality to the Brogan household. But tragically, the local council had blocked the roof access forevermore at some point during the year. This meant that our faithful dish was forever at rest. It was a very sad day in our household.
It turned out to be the best thing ever as we were then able to look around and chose Virgin and the Tivo box. This is fab as there is no dish to blow off the roof and they allow you to record more things at once…..hence the current issue of forever chasing the percentage from filling up! There is an obvious solution - record less? Get a life? I know, I know, but for now it is the way I like it. Hopefully now that I am attempting this blog though, I will have a new focus. I am hoping it will be therapeutic for me as I can get my thoughts out and bore poor Mr B a bit less!
No comments:
Post a Comment