Tuesday, 18 November 2014

The Crafty Cats

Since the day we took our furbabies home from ‘the hospital’, our lives have changed forever. These beautiful babies have become our everything. I finally get to be someone’s mother after all these years of unsuccessful cycles and health issues. It may not be the conventional way, but I feel there is a good chance that my boys are going to be my first and only babies!

I may come off a bit like a crazy cat lady, but I don’t care because they mean the world to my husband and me. They offer so much company, entertainment and affection that I just do not know where I would be without them!

They have such strong personalities. I just can’t get over some of the things that they do. They are both so different to each other too, despite being the only two in their litter and being brought up together.
Oscar is the greedy, cheeky monkey who has some very weird little quirks! Then we have Harvey. We talk about him having a split personality as during the day he is quite clear that you are not welcome to touch him, then at night he turns into a needy wee kitten who demands attention and doesn’t want to leave our sides. He is definitely not such a greedy boy, but he is a devil for packets of treats. If we ever forget to put them away, he will find them and have the packet ripped open and eaten before you’ve even realised there’s an issue!

These boys love each other so much. They love to chase each other and it always ends in a silent wrestle. It is so funny to watch as they ‘drop and roll’ like something out of an action movie, then one slaps the other ever so gently. This leads to head locks and all sorts until the winner gets to clean the other!! That’s right!! These two ‘fight' to lick each other! So odd!! It is so clear when you watch them that it is all playing, never real fights.

They both chat with us. They ask for food and it seriously sounds like real words. Their meow request inflects upwards as though they are truly asking a question. Whereas when we are trying to get Oscar to leave a room there is a total whine to his refusal, reminiscent of a toddler tantrum. We end up in genuine back and forth arguments with our cat! (seriously!!) It is just so funny. During these events, should you attempt to just physically remove him, he goes limp and becomes totally uncooperative!
Harvey isn’t usually the one leading the quest for dry food, but when it comes to their evening meal of wet food you could set your watch by him. No day goes by without him appearing in front of me at dinner time and staring me out until I cave in. In his kitten half of the day he does drop some serious hints that food is required. He will sit in front of his empty bowl and stare, or he will lick the empty bowl loudly, giving a pathetic look every now and then and there is no way you can ignore this! There is so much I haven’t covered but safe to say both boys are heavy duty manipulators.
These antics have had us in tears with laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment